Thursday, October 2, 2008










Well, I am obviously not a good poster/blogger yet! I saved what I wrote earlier - but I failed to publish it. This will continue to be an interesting learning experience, I apologize already to all you experienced bloggers.

As most of you know DC is fabulous. Not that I will really get to see anything while I am here other than the inside of the hotel and the GMF offices. However, it is good to be in the city and get a feel for what people are talking about on the streets. Being DC it is politics - isn't it always politics? It seems that everyone is talking about the debate this evening and planning (looking for) watch parties, even many of the fellows.

Today's meetings were full of introductions, overviews of the program, filling out paperwork and getting our briefing books. This evening we have our first real presentation. I will try to tell you about it later, if I am not exhausted.

If you are bored take a look at the Hotel website: http://www.rougehotel.com/






I must say it is an interesting place, they are trying to be ultra cool and they may have tried just a bit too hard. In the pictures I doubt you can tell that the curtains are red velvet and while I haven't gone through them all - I didn't see a picture of the leopard print, terry cloth robes hanging in the closet.

Well, I am off to dinner at Restaurant Nora http://www.noras.com/ They have simply amazing organic food. John took me to dinner there when we were in DC last winter/spring.

If you would like to read through some of the briefing packets feel free:
http://www.gmfus.org/template/mmf_usa.cfm

Just some light reading to while away the hours!

Cyn

No comments: